Hiya! I'm Sarah. I love Supernatural, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Merlin, Marvel, LOTR, Harry Potter, and the Hunger Games. Feel free to leave me an ask!
- bulletin boards… ALL OF THEM, COVERED IN OUTDATED ANNOUNCEMENTS AND UGLY FURNITURE FOR SALE AND THOSE ‘PULL OFF’ POSTER THINGS WITH LIKE, ONE SCRAGGLY ONE LEFT
- bike racks
- not enough parking spots, and really expensive parking stickers/passes
- that one building that isn’t handicap accessible so theres no elevator and hella stairs, and you have a class on the third floor
- the overly-inquisitive cafeteria worker, who actually wants to know about your day and your plans, a good counterbalance to the cafeteria worker who hates their fucking job so much you can hear them bitching about everything as they wipe down tables or whatever
- keycard access to dorm buildings. seriously. if they don’t have to swipe to get into the dorms, they’re not at college.
- unnecessary emails. so many. emails from departments you’ve never heard of for events that don’t involve you, “news” emails that you delete without opening, and all the important ones you need to read filter right into your spam folder
- peak internet hours, when everyone is on, and it slows to a crawl
- that one broken washer that floods and never seems to get fixed and that everyone just avoids using
- that club that always seems to be fundraising or selling things or soliciting whatever or signing people up and they’re always at a table by the cafeteria or inside the student center and they’re always like five people at the table and they have the ugliest posterboard advertising whatever they do
- a building that hasn’t been updated or fixed or anything since the 1960s. asbestos tiles, awkwardly sized classrooms, wtf color bathroom tiles (seriously, like mint green and salmon, wtf), if it was a thing in the 50s/60s this building has it and also slightly uneven stairs and stupidly heavy front doors
theres more, i’m sure, but this is what i can think of
- that one person on the dorm floor that talks to EVERYONE and has a weird idea of boundaries
- teenagers’ utter failure to wash dishes aka the communal kitchen in the building fills up with dirty dishes in the sink
- people who make the most amount of noise as possible at a certain time of night, yelling or banging on walls or generally being crazy
- that one dude who has arguments with his parents/girlfriend/whatever over the phone all the time and you can hear him clearly even though he’s in his room with the door closed
- conversely, that one person that always has their door open
- the insane mishmash of conversations in the cafeteria: stupid conversations about dumb shit like internet memes and fandom and things you watched on cartoon network when you were 10, conversations about relationships/drama/all that stuff, and serious conversations about philosophy or business or the merits of such and such a thing discussed in class
- terrible terrible terrible slabs of processed meat labeled as “steak” or “turkey” but which are better classified as “probably not really steak” and “possibly turkey”
- RAs. People always seem to forget that dorms have RAs in college AUs.
- Theme Houses — dude, Les Amis would totally all live in a theme house together
- beds that are impossible to get into without a running jump or a stool of some sort
- That one (non-cafeteria) food place on campus that EVERYONE goes to and it’s pretty much always loud and hot and full of people
- That one cafeteria station that’s your fallback if everything else looks gross because at least this one is trustworthy (aka the deli station)
Also, yeah, I’m always super confused when characters from different dorm buildings just waltz into each other’s buildings. You need a keycard to get into different dorm buildings and you can only get into yours.
- that crew in the lounge who play cards against humanity until obscene hours of the morning
- the confused delivery person who you didn’t order but neither did no one else
- the one person who is always forced to order the delivery and interact with the delivery people even if they’re not paying for it
- the room of dudes who adore scarface and generally make you kind of uncomfortable
- that professor you never realized was into punk rock
- that professor who pays for pizza
- at least one building on campus with an elevator you’re absolutely sure is a deathtrap but you occasionally have to take because you have to get to the seventh floor and there’s no time
- if cars are allowed on/near the campus, drivers do not give a shit about the pedestrian right of way
- similarly, pedestrians do not give a shit about the fact that cars are large and heavy and can kill them, because they have a class they’re already late for
- bulletin boards are everywhere, but only suckers restrict themselves to them—well-traversed halls and stairwells will be papered with fliers, along with ragged corners left from others being ripped down and miles of scotch tape left behind over the weeks and months
- every class has that one chair that no one wants to sit in, because it’s one careless shift away from breaking and dumping your ass on the floor
- buses are incredibly useful, and incredibly important, and the worse the weather is the more crowded and unbearable they will be. if it’s raining or snowing, be advised that every bus will be packed impossibly full of damp, sweaty students
- you will inevitably end up spending all of your time in someone else’s dorm room, even if there are 15 of you
- the cafeteria, towards the end of the week, will serve “meat”. Not pork or chicken or beef, but “meat”.
- if you’re like me, there will be a catering company using your dorms/campus for weddings and events and you won’t even know they exist until two years later when you start working for them
- how do you miss three weddings a month, across multiple parts of the dorms? i don’t know.
- drunken half-naked people doing the walk of shame at 5 am will cease to be interesting very quickly
- friends throwing snowballs at your windows to lure you outside will not
I usually have two or more sets of headcanons with characters
Headcanon A: what I think realistically
Headcanon B: what I think is fucking hilarious
C: what is heart-crushing and awful but fun to inflict on friends
that falls under hilarious
Unless used on yourself
robots getting really concerned when a human yawns and then another human does as well and wondering if this is some sort of group signal that they need to respond to so they just awkwardly go “aaaaaa” to try and imitate them
robots jumping and getting really scared when a human sneezes and rushing over to check on them “DID YOU JUST BLOW A FUSE ARE YOU ALRIGHT DO YOU REQUIRE ASSISTANCE”
robots getting all worried when their human is blushing because “your surface temperature has increased and your pigment is off are you alright”
robots trying to understand human bodies (◕ω◕✿)
ok so I was messing with Doomsday and I sped it up 200%
and it turned into a happy folksong????
it’s so catchy
oh my god
this is the craziest thing ever lol
if this song doesnt win a reblog on its own, how perfect that gif is should win it for you.. oh my gosh
THAT GIF…. I am scared at how perfect it is.